Monday, December 12, 2011

Jonathon Livingston Siegel

inspired by this post: Siegel's Island

From Wikipedia:
Jonathan Livingston Seagull, written by Richard Bach, is a fable in novella form about a seagull learning about life and flight, and a homily about self-perfection. The book tells the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a seagull who is bored with the daily squabbles over food. Seized by a passion for flight, he pushes himself, learning everything he can about flying, until finally his unwillingness to conform results in his expulsion from his flock.

From Wharton:
Jonathon Livingston Siegel, is a story about a professor learning about life and stock markets, and a homily about the perception of self-perfection. The good professor is bored with the daily squabbles over bank consulting bonuses and tenure. Seized by a passion for equities, he pushes himself, misunderstanding everything he can about investing for the long run, until finally his unwillingness to conform to reality results in his expulsion from his flock.

Turns out, sometimes stocks are for the birds.

9 comments:

  1. Too funny!!!

    My WF is gratin. I may only be small "potatoes" compared to the legend that is Jeremy Siegel, but from where I sit it can mean only one thing.

    Au, release the Gratin!

    Too cheesy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it is typo day.

    WF = word veriFication

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,

    Hahaha, cheesy Gratin is the best.

    Spuds for the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flock of Siegels

    And I ran, I ran so far away.
    I just ran, I ran all night and day.
    And I ran, I ran so far away.
    I just ran, I couldn't get away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seagull FAQ

    Where do seagulls sleep?

    Seagulls sleep in a place that they feel is safe, like a rocky cliff...


    I think this explains a lot, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clown horn is a treasure. Makes me feel better about my investments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clown Horn Investment Bank

    It's guaranteed.

    Double your profits or no money back!

    ReplyDelete