Friday, May 14, 2021

Dividend stock 13% draw down stress test

Still being new to dividend stock investing, I had my first test this month when one of my stocks (CAH) dropped 13% after a disappointing earnings report. Coming from a hold-to-maturity bond ladder viewpoint, I never cared about price movements. I wondered how my emotions would fare when one of my dividend stocks took a 20% or 40% hit. Well, that test hasn't arrived yet, but the 13% draw down did not phase me. It helped that the other stocks I own held or even went up. The jury is still out on how I will deal with a larger draw down, and the ultimate test is when all of the stocks drop significantly at the same time. Only then will know if I have the fortitude for long term dividend stock investing. For now, I am counting down the days to the next dividend payday, which is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment