Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Black Friday Sale starts now!

This is not my idea. This was the subject of an email I received today from Dell. The exact subject line was:

★ We couldn’t wait for Black Friday! ★ Black Friday Sale starts now!

I was OK with waiting, but apparently Dell could not wait. The big stars in the subject were a nice touch, though it smacked of desperation. We are exactly 10 days away from the actual Black Friday. I can only guess that Dell is worried that not enough people will be shopping on Black Friday without a push. With the stock market at new record highs every day, I can't imagine people would not want to spend some of their new found and permanent wealth.

I looked at Dell's deals, but nothing seemed even slightly interesting. I think I'll wait until Black January.

3 comments:

  1. With the stock market at new record highs every day, I can't imagine people would not want to spend some of their new found and permanent wealth.

    I've been giving this some thought.

    If the stock market grows by 30% annually guaranteed, then only a fool would cash out and buy something that's only 25% off.

    Those who can postpone retail purchases for 2 years would need at least 50% off to be interested.

    And those who can postpone retail purchases for 5 years would need to see about 75% off more than likely.

    Meanwhile, all those who did not participate much in the market's legendary rally don't actually have any money to buy stuff.

    So who exactly will be buying stuff this Christmas if the rich won't and the poor can't? That's just nattering nabobs of negativism talking! Never mind! Isn't all this wealth effect awesome? ;)

    Too much sarcasm? I know I ask a lot but once again it seems fairly excessive this time, lol. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stagflationary Mark,

    Stocks seem like a glaring bubble to me, but I have no idea how or when the madness will end. Infinite monetization is working to benefit some, and harm others. Nothing seems to matter except that Fed does and says. It's beyond the Illusion of Prosperity. More like the Illusion of the Illusion of Prosperity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More like the Illusion of the Illusion of Prosperity.

    It's like David Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty vanish while Penn makes it simultaneously appear out of Teller's ear.

    Sustainable over the long-term! That's what I like most about this economy, lol. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete